5.06.2013

The Rolling Stones - 50 & Counting


May 3, 2013 saw The Rolling Stones take their ’50 & Counting’ tour to a sold out Staples Center, Los Angeles, America. How these guys still do it boggles my mind. I’ll just be over here… waiting for them to hit our Sunny Shores.

Their 23 song set list over 2+ hours consisted of various hits such as: "Honky Tonk Women", "Start Me Up", "Miss You", "Tumbling Dice", "Brown Sugar", "It's Only Rock 'N Roll", "Paint It Black", "Gimme Shelter" and an encore consisting of  "Can't Always Get What You Want", "Jumpin' Jack Flash” and "Satisfaction".

What made me squeal a little bit was this tweet:
Ah! Gwen Stefani on stage with The Rolling Stones! Why why why was I not there? The band featuring one of my favourite singers of my Primary school years did a moving rendition of my absolute FAVOURITE Rolling Stones song: ‘Wild Horses’. They kindly posted a minute snippet of the performance to Youtube, for us folk here in South Africa waiting for them (well I like to think that).



There’s been quite a negative response to the video on the Youtube comments section. But I don’t care about internet trolls. I love Stefani and the Stones.

Just to make us more jealous, urgh, country singer Keith Urban joined them on stage for a rocking ‘Respectable’ performance (A better response for him in the Youtube comment section).


Please please please come to South Africa Mr Jagger?

Until then… GRRR (See what I did there?)
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment